CEO Update March 20th
Dear Members and Visitors,
A number of measures have recently been introduced by the government to further control the spread of COVID-19, which will have a significant impact on all CHRG venues – Castle Hill RSL, Club Parramatta, Lynwood Country Club and Castle Hill Fitness and Aquatic.
The most substantial update is the requirement to allow a maximum of 100 people per room with a maximum of one (1) person per four (4) square metres. Additionally, a social distancing policy of 1.5 metres between patrons in each room shall also apply. Outdoor areas are limited to a maximum of 500 patrons, with the same metering and distancing rules applying.
Having said that, each of our venues provide a number of enclosed areas for Members and Visitors to use and enjoy, and our staff are more than happy to further explain the enclosed zones available to you at each of our venues. This separation of areas means that each of our venues will remain open – restaurants, cafes, event spaces and gaming. Shows and entertainment continue to be postponed until further notice.
In light of ever-changing circumstances, we have introduced a number of health and hygiene practices to further protect our community. In addition to the health and hygiene measure above, we have also:
- Revised trading days/hours in our restaurants. Please visit venue websites for up-to-date information.
- Introduced a new all-day menu, as well as Monday to Friday lunch and dinner specials. This can also be viewed on our website.
- Modified, spaced table seating in all enclosed zones to 100 or less, to comply with new legislation.
- All events with over 100 attendees have been cancelled, with alternative arrangements being offered.
- Confirmed cancellation of ticketed events, with customers being notified that refunds will be issued to all ticket holders.
- Changed to the gaming floor, which includes the offer of gloves, sanitizer and machine wipe downs for all patrons. Every second machine will be switched off to support social distancing.
- Cancelled selected weekly activities and promotions across our venues, including but not limited to Bingo, Raffles and Member Promotions.
- Closed children’s playgrounds until further notice.
Opening our doors for the community enables us to continue to provide much needed respite for those who need it. Having said that, this is a very challenging time for the whole community, including hundreds of staff who work tirelessly to provide Members and Visitors with wonderful experiences when they visit our venues.
We will continue to monitor the situation and adhere to guidelines and advice issued by authorities.
Thank you for your ongoing cooperation and support.